Request a workshop (for groups of 10 or more) Heading link
ACE staff members will work with UIC departments and student organizations to develop a plan for a requested workshop. ACE offers workshops in the following areas:
- Academic skill-building (e.g., critical reading, academic writing, vocabulary enhancement)
- Academic success strategies (e.g., goal setting, study strategies, time management, test-taking strategies)
- Managing academic stress and test anxiety
- Positive psychology to build academic success (e.g., mindset, motivation, decision making)
- Campus programs and services
- Support for students on academic probation
- .Please submit workshop requests at least two (2) weeks in advance of your event date.
- Required audience size: 10 students or more.
- A dedicated audience of UIC students (i.e., students who are regularly convened to attend an organizational meeting or class session).
- At this time, workshops are only available to students and partners affiliated with the University of Illinois system.
- In order to request a workshop, there must be a minimum of 10 expected attendees.
- If the workshop is approved, a representative from the Academic Center for Excellence will send the requestor a confirmation email.
- **Please note: To support the academic success of our students, staff we will not be able to offer workshops during mid-term and finals weeks.